“Building a Brighter Tomorrow… One Child at a Time”
“Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’” Matthew 19:14
I come from a family of school teachers and believe supporting our teachers is a priority! My belief is also that every child counts and I am prepared to work hard to make sure our district embraces a “tradition of excellence”. I have thirty-six years’ experience working with students and am committed to spending my life making sure that they are given every chance to thrive in the world. If elected, I will work hard with the existing school board and supporting the district. I will serve with great integrity and passion and would love the opportunity to earn your vote on November 3rd, 2020. Please contact me to let me know how I can do that. ~ Rev. Joel McKinnon
Vote Joel McKinnon for AISD School Board, Position 4.
Our candidate has made our school district and our community children a priority since arriving to Angleton two years ago. In fact, the first phone call he made when his family relocated here was to our school district to see how he could support the district.
The first meeting he scheduled outside of his church was with Superintendent Edwards who also had just moved to Angleton. Since that day Joel has been involved around our entire community and specifically with the school district and students of the district.
Through the leadership he has provided to First United Methodist Church, he has helped to provide: many services to our students and community. Here are just a few things that Joel has been a part of with his church since moving here:
- Started a Community Kid’s Night Out Program.
- Joined the Advisory Board for Central Elementary.
- Created an Annual Back to School Festival offering free: haircuts, dental exams, vision/health screens, backpacks with school supplies, and a hot meal to every student wanting one.
- Adopted Central Elementary, Kingdom Class Academy, as well serve on the Board for the Methodist Day School.
- Launched an Annual Community-Wide Pumpkin Patch.
- Mentors students in the community.
- Raised money to help First UMC buy new shoes for students needing them.
- Volunteers at AISD Trunk or Treat Event.
- Celebrity Chef for Learn|Eat|Grow|Go Program at Central Elementary.
- Reads to students at local schools.
- Active with many Chamber of Commerce luncheons and gatherings.
Please support his passion and love for our district by voting Joel McKinnon for Angleton ISD School Board, Position 4 on election day. We thank you in advance for your faith and support in Joel.
Be sure that your voice is heard by exercising your right to vote!
October 13th – October 30th is early voting. Election Day is November 3rd, 2020.
Please read through our site, contact our campaign, or our candidate to get your questions answered so that you can make the best decision on election day.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER TO VOTE IS MONDAY, OCTOBER 5th, 2020!